All our poi are measured from tip to tip, including knobs, tethers and the wick/ball.
To find your recommended size (“total length” field), lift your arm right in front of you and measure your arm length from the center of your palm to where it meets your chest. This will give your standard poi length. Poi sizes usually vary between 20″ to 24″, but some people like to add a few inches to that size if they want to dive more into contact tricks.
Shrinkage (for contact poi only, does not apply to fire poi):
Depending of the type of rope you’ll chose, you might want to add an extra inch or two following recommandations from the description because some types of rope shrink over time (especially MFP and VPC). Keep in mind it is always possible to shorten your tethers if they feel too long (MFP is the easiest to shorten yourself), but you can’t make them longer if they feel too short, so if you are hesitating between two sizes, it is safer to pick the longest one.
We offer 5 different types of knobs:
- “PX3” from Play Juggling (Italy). Made of a special thermoplastic rubber which is extremely durable, these knobs are also used on juggling clubs. Their small size make them easy to hold, even for smaller hands, and provide a good grip.
- “Silicone knob” from Play Juggling (Italy). Soft silicone knob with a spherical shape. Our largest option available.
- “Pomgrips 2.0” from Lanternsmith (USA). Soft, ergonomic outer grip made from toothbrush handle rubber, ideal if your hands tend to get sweaty during your poi sessions. Be careful not to trap these knobs in a bag with fire props that are still hot, this material will morph under such circumstances.
- “Stubby” from Widmar (USA). 3D printed knobs, their large diameter and soft texture tend to make them poi juggler’s favorites because they are easy to catch and won’t hit your knuckles as hard when you make a bad catch or attempt tricks like “gunslingers”.
- “Ultraknob Pro” from Ultrapoi (USA). LED knobs that are also USB rechargeable. Awesome choice to add to any LED or fire poi.
ROPES (fire poi)
Section under construction
We offer 2 types of tethers:
- Technora :
- Hybrid (to be released soon!) :
Our rope sizes reflect the final thickness of the tethers, not the size of the technora used. All our tethers are spliced and doubled to eliminate bulky knots and the diameter of the tether is the same all along, from the wick to the knob, for the best and safest spinning experience.
Ropes (Contact poi)
We offer 4 types of tethers:
- Braided MFP rope (braided over a core). Supple yet stiffer than MFP solid braid or cotton, which makes it a really versatile rope. Available in 21 colors in 3/8″ and 5 colors in 1/2″. MFP will shrink with time, we recommand adding an extra inch to your desired length to compensate. We just recently added a new type of MFP “Premium” to our collection, it is braided more tightly and with more strands so it is more resistant and will keep its beautiful apparence longer.
- Cotton rope. Pre-shrunk, available in natural color or gray (hand-dyed, option only available with 3/8″ rope at the moment). This material is supple, light weight, soft but also has a nice natural grip. Three rope size available: 5/16″, 3/8″ or 1/2″.
- Climbing rope. This rope is great for poi juggling and contact moves; because of its large diameter and tight braiding it is stiffer than our other options and naturally tends to keep straight when tossed and can even stand straight up when balanced. However, you should be aware these properties aren’t ideal for tangles. Colors: Gold Vein (10.4 mm), Carbon (10.5 mm), Breeze (9.5″), Dusk (9.2 mm), Salazar (9.8mm), Royal Purple (10.2 mm), Sulli (9 mm), Pitch Black (7/16″) and Rainbow (7/16).
- VPC rope in 3/8″ and 7/16″. This rope is soft, flexible and stays straight when tossed, it’s simply the best of both worlds. Perfect rope for techy flow, contact and juggling. VPC will shrink with time, we recommand adding 1.5-2 extra inch to your desired length to compensate.